Pages

Pageviews last month

Thursday 2 December 2010

letter to argus - FYI

Dear Editor
 re: Shake up -- Dec 1st article page 17th

I am a long-standing tenant of a beach hut on Madeira Drive and have just heard,  by chance,  that without being  consulted,  or even informed,  there is a proposal to be put before the Council on Tuesday 1st Dec.  that most tenants,  including me,  will be evicted for no apparent reason in two year's time.

I am a pensioner with a disability and I use my hut most days all year round.  I find it essential for my health and well-being.

It will be a devastating blow if it is taken away from me.  I see no justice in this proposal.

Of course there is high demand for the few remaining beach huts,  as well over 100 around West Pier and the Undercliff have been done away with in recent years.

yrs
Martin Farnham

No comments: